- To maintain compatibility with VHSA, CHSA has adopted the following points system.
Points will be adjusted according to the number of exhibitors that COMPLETE the first class. The base points are still
1st place 10 points
2nd place 6 points
3rd place 4 points
4th place 2 points
5th place 1 point
6th place 0.5 points
The following bonus points will be awarded for each class:
For 3-5 exhibitors, there will be NO bonus points
For 6-9 exhibitors, there will be 1 bonus point
For 10 or more exhibitors, there will be 2 bonus points
- Click here for a description of the CHSA divisions.
In coordination with the Virginia Pony Breeders Association, the
CHSA offers High Score Awards to
Registered Virginia-bred ponies. Year end Champion and Reserve Champion
awards will be presented to the owners of the Registered Virginia-bred
ponies scoring the highest number of points in a Small, Medium, Large or
Green Pony Hunter section at CHSA
shows. Awards are based on the official record of points kept by
eligible for this award, a pony must be registered with the Virginia
Pony Breeders Association, exhibited under its registered name, and in
the name of its last recorded owner as shown in the VPBA Registry. The
owner must be a current VPBA member.
For further information visit www.VPBA.com or contact Lisa
Hammerschmidt at email@example.com or 804-523-0827.
- Please be aware that the CHSA age for our Short Stirrup (EQ) is under 13 by Dec 1, 2018.
The VHSA Assoc Short Stirrup division (hunter) age is under 12 by Dec 1, 2018. So you may be eligible for our SS and NOT for the VHSA SS.
- ALL riders (not just those showing) must wear an approved helmet while riding on the show grounds for any CHSA show.
- Please remember to enter and exit the ring at a walk for the safety of all.
- Please remember that in order to be eligible for Champion and Reserve you must place in the top
4 over fences. In other words, when points are totaled for the over fences you must be ranked in the
top 4 in order to be eligible for Champion or Reserve.